Sunday, November 23, 2008

Utah vs BYU 2008

...or Max Hall for 2008 Holy War MVP!!!

Saturday marked another great day for The Curtis Clan - the Utah Utes
finished the regular season undefeated at 12-0. Best of all, it came at the
hands of Max Hall, Austin Collie, Bronco Mendenhall and every self-righteous
BYU fan on planet earth. Sorry if I sound a little bitter, but after
growing up a Ute fan during the lean years and enduring the short end of the
rivalry stick, it sure is nice when we're on top. Like 2004, not only are
we on top, we've got something BYU doesn't - a berth to BCS bowl (again).

Anyway, rivalry aside, the game was fun. It was a treat being able to sit
with the family this season. I even got to storm the field (something I've
regretted not doing in 2004. Led by Bradley, Ashley, Jeff and I ran out and
met the team and thousands of other fans at midfield. OK, Jeff kept going,
he wasn't storming the field, just cutting across the stadium to get to the
car, but it still counts. We met Jordan out there too.

Ashley posing seconds before the game ends

Storming the field

Running Back Matt Asiata

DB Robert Johnson

QB Brian Johnson

2nd year in a row the house got "decorated by some BYU fans in the ward

Blue painters tape and crepe paper

I was hiding behind the fence watching to see exactly which kids where involved

My response - sugar cookies and a nice note. All the RED cookies tasted great. The BLUE ones may have had tons of garlic and onion powder dumped into the dough!

3 comments:

JENNIFER said...

Go Utes!

bernie said...

I am so proud of you! You are a nephew after my own heart! I think I would have maybe added a little bit of Exlax to the cookie dough too! Go Utes!

Joellen said...

I can't believe that they would DARE touch the Yukon!
Best game ever! I wish that we were there with you to storm the field. I think that we will try to make it to the bcs game.