Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's already been a day and it's 10:30am

This is me trying to get out the door this morning: 

Tyler left a little early to drive a neighbor to his new job--the poor guy doesn't have any source of transportation, and Ty has coordinated rides to and from work for him with various people in the neighborhood that work close to him. 


Anyway... trying to get myself ready for the day with a head cold, getting my kids dressed/faces washed/hair brushed, and trying to take a conference call with our team in Amsterdam at 8:00am just made things a bit hectic. Jackson "trapped" me in a "cage" in my bathroom using all the living room throw pillows, then laid on his sister causing a fit of screaming and crying that would carry on from about 8:00 to 8:45. I finally pulled out the bucket of candy to get Brooke calmed down enough so I could get her dressed before heading out the door. There's not much a piece of chocolate can't cure.


We made it to Joy's house by 9:00 and I rolled into the office about 9:30. Deep breaths, decongestants from work medicine cabinet, Diet Coke (and I even splurged on a Dunford Donut) and I think I can make it through the rest of the day. I pray my little one's will do the same. 


Here's to a great day?


Jill

2 comments:

Ashley W. said...

Mornings are hard enough! Sorry for the stressful morning.

bernie said...

I don't have any children that need to be dressed nor fed in the mornings and I cannot make it to work on time! Kudo's to you for being a super mom!